Create with ME entry: Being Dead

Being Dead

People change, and they can change more than you think when a zombie apocalypse breaks out. Now I know that may sound rash but it's true! Think of it this way; one day you're in your garden talking with your neighbour and the next… BOOM! They're the ones trying to kill you!

That was me. I woke up dead one morning. I didn't know what was happening or who I was. All I knew was that I was 90% sure I was no longer living, and I was very hungry. Now, I know what you're thinking zombie brains ...GRRR… but in fact this isn't the case, and if you have the decency to ask any other zombie in the world they will surely agree that brains are the worst part of the body. However, I’d be careful who you ask as some of them may eat you first.

Now where was I?...

Ah yes!

It was very early in the morning, and I couldn't feel anything, my whole body numb. Was this death? Where was I? What was happening to me? Why am I so HUNGRY!!

I rushed outside to see people, or creatures, running around the streets chasing other people, and one got close enough that they ripped them to shreds with their teeth! Oh god, what were they doing? Had the world gone mad?

“Marinette, what are you doing? Get inside and lock your doors” A woman called from the window.

I looked up, ‘Does she know who I am? Was that my name; Marinette?’

Her eyes widened with fear and her breathing quickened. How was I able to pick up on this? “Urg, gaar, rra” Why couldn't I speak? I just wanted to ask her if she knew who I was!

I looked at my reflection in the widow. Did I always look like this? My eye left was missing and half of my jaw too. There was suddenly a delicious smell of some kind of meal from my childhood, and it was coming from the lady's house. I had to get in and try some of that delicious food!

I jumped over the fence and kicked down the door. Wow! I didn't know I was that strong! I sprinted forward, following that amazing smell, but I was suddenly hit across the head by the lady. Why was she doing this? Did I do something wrong? I quickly got to my feet and took a sniff in the air, the scent that I had smelled…

…it was her.

I took a few steps back. Why was I so drawn to this woman, and why did I want to eat her so bad? She ran at me, impaling me with her shovel, but I didn’t feel anything. This was the moment I realised 100% I was among the living dead. I was a zombie...

I admit, what I did next I’m not proud of, but I walked slowly towards her and...


Alice Orme-Luff

No comments:

Post a Comment