Create with ME 2nd Place winner:The Curse of the Stolen Book.

The Curse of the Stolen Book.


After stealing the book, strange things started happening. I needed to take it back, where it all began…

Chapter 1

I walked down the country lane there was a heavy fog blanketing the landscape, the air cold and the frost harsh. Trees loomed out of the distance like troubled spirits, sprouting from the ground and reaching overhead to cast shadowy fingers that could break through thick ice. Trees would just appear as if in a pop-up book, every so often they would materialize as I walked. Big dark objects that suffocated my rational thinking, making me certain they were more than they made themselves out to be. I saw a branch that made me believe it was following me, trying its hardest to reach down with those icy fingers and grab me. I felt the force of the wind like a hand placed flat against my back, pushing me down towards the house. Looking down I saw leaves lifting and chasing my feet and as I reached the house the fear grew in my chest as the door slowly started to open.

Chapter 2

I ran my hand along the door pushing it open even more peering into the hallway. The light crept in shining onto a dusty mirror, I saw my scruffy red hair and pale freckled cheeks. I headed to the bedroom where I had first taken the book, after I had heard it’s whispers in the dead of night. I found the bookcase, an empty slot glaring at me. I felt the book in my pocket and noticed a cold wind behind me. I fumbled in my pocket for the book, my breathing quick and fearful. I placed the book into its slot and I felt a cold breath upon my neck and an icy, heavy hand upon mine. Holding my breath I closed my eyes, willing myself to put the book back and not run away.
BANG!!!!!!!
Suddenly the whole book case went up in flames and a inferno of pages went swirling around me, it was then I saw it lurking behind the bookcase, glaring and snarling at me. All I could do was stand there, too scared to scream. It moved toward the towering block of burning books and pushed it over, squashing me and making it hard to breath. I closed my eyes...

Chapter 3

I slowly opened one eye and peaked at the world around me, I was not in the house with the book. Looking down I saw I had fallen asleep reading ‘The Curse of the DreamCatcher’. I swung my feet out of bed and sat upright, stretching my arms. Looking out of the window I could see a black figure in my garden, I ran to have a closer look and a sudden rush of spiky leaves caught in a viscous wind darted towards me and then the figure was gone. Closing my curtains behind me I looked down at the book on my bed and said to myself, I must give this book back.


Hannah Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment