Create with ME entry: Inside

Inside

Being locked in a room is one thing, being locked inside your own head is something entirely different, and I need to find a way out before it’s too late!

In reality it had only been 6 months since I was admitted to hospital for reasons I’m still not sure of? But in my own personal cell it had felt like 10 years, and inside this prison there was no sleep, no rest, only time, it was just a matter of how much time was left?

The first week inside my “brain cell” as I had come to call it were not pleasant, it consisted of me screaming and calling for help, but no one could hear my crystal, not from inside here. There was nothing but darkness apart from two oval windows which showed the outside world that of which was the hospital room.

After that low point I pulled myself together and started to piece together the puzzle to figure out how I had got myself into this nightmare. It was hard as my memory was vague and it was a struggle to concentrate with the persistent beeping that surrounded me, yet with determination I pushed through and came to the point just before my lack of knowledge.

It was evening and my wife and I were having a disagreement, it was a pretty dispute over money and not for the first time. I grabbed my keys and storm out slamming the door behind me without another word. I jumped in my car and heart still beating with anger, I pull away accelerating recklessly. Gaining speed I pull out of a junction narrowly missing a car on the other side of the road, my phone beeps, it’s a text from my wife, and that’s where it all goes blank.

Realisation hits me of how stupid I had been, I never imagined I would drive with such anger and stupidity. Maybe I deserved to be stuck in this hell, but I needed to see my wife to say that there are much more important things then money.

And then I heard her voice, but it sounded sad, she was crying. It’s ok I shouted, even though she couldn’t hear me, it’s ok I’m here.

The room was quiet now, even the beeping was getting quieter, it was peaceful, it was............

John Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment